Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas
Hey guys welcome to my channel I'm
Angela and today's video is going to be
all about our bathroom remodel
renovation I'm gonna try to make this
talking part pretty concise because I
know y'all are really just here to see
the bathroom but I just want to explain
really quickly our house was built in
1989 and it had not had a bathroom
update since then if your brain is like
mine it tells you that that was like 20
years ago except not that was like 30
years ago so we had pink tile it was
just not very good we had this inset tub
with that thing it was just kind of
strange everything in the bathroom
functioned though so the reason we did
this remodel was because we wanted a
little more shower space we wanted a
bigger shower I really wanted like a
standalone tub like clawfoot tub kind of
feel but I didn't end up getting in
cloth but just a standalone tub but I
wanted that like centered tub filler and
I got that so quick backstory for those
of you who've been watching our vlogs we
do have a vlog channel that's gathered
nest.
I will leave that link down below we had gotten quotes from local bathroom places about remodeling and it was just like stupid expensive stupid expensive and we were like okay well guys we're just not gonna do that but then our neighbor who's done some other plumbing work for us and stuff is a contractor and he came by and gave us a quote and it was super reasonable like a third of what the other guys were quoting us so we picked out materials I picked out materials I went to a tile shop a place here locally called the tile shop and a gentleman there helps me he just kind of I told him what I was kind of wanting I didn't really know he brought me a bunch of stuff and help me pick it out so it was actually a really super easy process to pick everything out I just wanted something that was very clean and bright feeling but with some classic nods you'll see that in a tile on the floor and I don't know I just wanted something with like an ever so slight glam feel to it I don't know just because I felt like I've got seven kids y'all and when I'm soaking in this tub in here I just want to feel like I'm at an oasis day spa it doesn't happen often in fact I haven't actually soaked in the new tub yet that is very sad the babies have taken lots of baths in it but I have not actually soaked myself in it yet so that's all my to-do list of things to do oh and don't forget to subscribe to my channel if you're new here I make all kinds of videos here this is really just whatever is up here whatever's in my brain whatever I want to talk about share about that's why I make videos about so you should definitely stick around subscribe button give this video a thumbs up if you liked our bathroom remodel all right now let's go okay so here's as you enter the bathroom and I don't know if I said this already but I should probably mention it now there are quite a few things in here that I still have left to like finish and decorate I'll you'll see what I'm talking about over here so give me some grace on that it literally just got done so this is as much as we've done so far for like decor in here and stuff like that we have other additional things we want to do but this is the vanity we did a double sink vanity and then some added drawers here this is just basically I don't know if you all want to see inside all the drawers and stuff but it's just like where I keep here stuff hair tools things like that this is Christopher's side he is really just a very basic man this is the only thing he has in here is that's his stuff it's all like shared stuff bath stuff things like that but this sounds like a little pour down here so I've got some bath bombs in there stuff like that so I still haven't done full decorating and organizing and stuff I just got it as best I could and functioning for us then we have these mirrors which I ordered these from I will link anything I can down below these I believe I ordered from Wayfarer or overstock the lights are from Lowe's and that was a last-minute purchase I'd ordered these really cute lights that I loved for up here but they didn't fit with the mirrors so I had to literally run to Lowe's and grab something but they're like LED lights and I do I don't know I like the shape and everything of them it's kind of fun to have like that long tube and the circles and just I don't know different shapes in here I don't know what I'm talking about you guys just go with it okay don't judge me one of my goals with this bathroom was not have a ton of stuff out on the counter I have had like all my skincare out before and like just a bunch of stuff my goal this time was to not have as much so it looks cleaner all the time so I just have this little tray and this is really just like my daily skincare stuff my morning nighttime serums and all that kind of stuff so I try to have that be the only thing I leave out and then I do have some like war organizers in here for my lip stop and lotions and my fuller water and toothpaste toothbrushes just all that kind of stuff don't mind my shoes I'm wearing my comfy shoes more skin care stuff because I'm a bit of a skincare junkie and look even more skin care stuff alright so then over here and oh so one of the things I want to add I'll kind of mention that I want to add a hand towel bar here and here so that obviously we can hang hand towels and then over here y'all this was the hardest but ok because I had a unit in here to store a bunch of stuff because I just have so much like hair tools and nail polish and just all kinds of stuff so I don't think this piece of furniture is going to be permanently in here but it works for right now we got this little table and the intent was for it to go next to the tub but it doesn't fit well there so let's go go here for now with a little plant and then just over here I've got some of my market totes from Uganda and then this is what I'm talking about with like still needing to decorate stuff this my intention is to do like roll towels cute hand towels washcloths just really like make this top part look really pretty I mean let's get real what I mean I don't even know I think I have like period stuff in there my god there's like enemas and that one didn't know what you were gonna get when you came to this channel did you okay and then inside here I have just more like I said my steam rollers my sticky feet for spray tans like it's just you know self-tanner this little lazy susan thing is actually super nice to me extra hair stuff that is all like samples I've got my I have to Claire Sonic so that's the one I haven't used yet I don't know I got wax I've got a whole wax machine I just have a lot of just randomness stuff so and that is trimmed down y'all that seriously trimmed down that's maybe sad I don't know oh look someone didn't put the toilet paper on the toilet paper holder I wonder who it could be Christopher squatty potty that's a must if you haven't gotten one of those you need to get on that train I love that thing so much again who knew this bathroom renovation was going to be so TMI this is our new toilet y'all and it would be weird I think to be free to talk about toilets except for that this thing is bomb and I feel like I should tell you about it and you deserve to know about it don't mind my garbage sorry I didn't empty the garbage this toilet has this little thing right here that you put cleaner in there's cleaner inside this so it's a self-cleaning toilet y'all self cleaning I mean it's pretty snazzy of course you're still going to want to actually clean your toilet but it definitely keeps it so that it doesn't get like icky really fast we have really hard water so our toilets tend to get nasty on the inside really quickly okay guys this is probably the part that I'm the most excited about I am really hoping that I managed to get some before footage I think I did to show you guys what this bathroom looked like before and what this shower looked like there was like all this space that was wasted in the back so he was able to extend our shower back and out and over so we got a much bigger shower we did the frameless glass I just I loved it so much we did the one long inset so I can keep all my stuff up there obviously those two are almost empty and those are my new ones so I need to throw those away and move those up but we'll get there you've got this little squeegee and you just clean the glass every time you finish your shower and it keeps it looking nice and you don't have to like clean it with glass cleaner as often which is super nice but yeah I just I cannot even begin to tell you how much Christopher and I absolutely love this it shower it has been so nice the kids all are like can we come shower in your bathroom they love it and then I can't decide which is the piece de resistance if you will if it's the shower or the tub I don't know but y'all here let me do the lights just so you can get a little there you got all we did a big chandelier over the tub because I just wanted to be extra like that so we did a big chandelier over the tub we've got this standalone tub and it is just beautiful it has the pop that not popular what am i boiling myself like a turkey no it's the tub filler here with this like extra handle so you can spray yourself it's very what are the cool kids say bougie it's very bougie I love this thing you can put your tea your book whatever you got going on while you're relaxing in the tub and then I just have this little metal I don't know what's that thing called yeah I can't think of the word like a tin I don't know this bucket thing then I keep the babies back stuff in so that I can just grab it when it's time to give them a bath right so I cannot even just begin to tell you how much we love this bathroom it is just beautiful and we are so happy with it and we both just like love getting dressed in here and showering it's just it's nice like I said we got a lot of kids it's nice to have a little oasis guys thank you so much for watching I hope you guys enjoyed seeing our bathroom remodel like I said it took a little longer than we planned but it didn't cost us nearly as much as we originally thought it would so it was totally worth it to us we absolutely loved it like I said as parents of seven kids we are very grateful for a nice space that sort of feels like an oasis that we can just kind of take a hot shower take a hot bath and chill all right you guys thank you so much for watching be sure to give this video a thumbs up if you enjoyed it subscribe to my channel if you've not already and I will see you all again very soon
I will leave that link down below we had gotten quotes from local bathroom places about remodeling and it was just like stupid expensive stupid expensive and we were like okay well guys we're just not gonna do that but then our neighbor who's done some other plumbing work for us and stuff is a contractor and he came by and gave us a quote and it was super reasonable like a third of what the other guys were quoting us so we picked out materials I picked out materials I went to a tile shop a place here locally called the tile shop and a gentleman there helps me he just kind of I told him what I was kind of wanting I didn't really know he brought me a bunch of stuff and help me pick it out so it was actually a really super easy process to pick everything out I just wanted something that was very clean and bright feeling but with some classic nods you'll see that in a tile on the floor and I don't know I just wanted something with like an ever so slight glam feel to it I don't know just because I felt like I've got seven kids y'all and when I'm soaking in this tub in here I just want to feel like I'm at an oasis day spa it doesn't happen often in fact I haven't actually soaked in the new tub yet that is very sad the babies have taken lots of baths in it but I have not actually soaked myself in it yet so that's all my to-do list of things to do oh and don't forget to subscribe to my channel if you're new here I make all kinds of videos here this is really just whatever is up here whatever's in my brain whatever I want to talk about share about that's why I make videos about so you should definitely stick around subscribe button give this video a thumbs up if you liked our bathroom remodel all right now let's go okay so here's as you enter the bathroom and I don't know if I said this already but I should probably mention it now there are quite a few things in here that I still have left to like finish and decorate I'll you'll see what I'm talking about over here so give me some grace on that it literally just got done so this is as much as we've done so far for like decor in here and stuff like that we have other additional things we want to do but this is the vanity we did a double sink vanity and then some added drawers here this is just basically I don't know if you all want to see inside all the drawers and stuff but it's just like where I keep here stuff hair tools things like that this is Christopher's side he is really just a very basic man this is the only thing he has in here is that's his stuff it's all like shared stuff bath stuff things like that but this sounds like a little pour down here so I've got some bath bombs in there stuff like that so I still haven't done full decorating and organizing and stuff I just got it as best I could and functioning for us then we have these mirrors which I ordered these from I will link anything I can down below these I believe I ordered from Wayfarer or overstock the lights are from Lowe's and that was a last-minute purchase I'd ordered these really cute lights that I loved for up here but they didn't fit with the mirrors so I had to literally run to Lowe's and grab something but they're like LED lights and I do I don't know I like the shape and everything of them it's kind of fun to have like that long tube and the circles and just I don't know different shapes in here I don't know what I'm talking about you guys just go with it okay don't judge me one of my goals with this bathroom was not have a ton of stuff out on the counter I have had like all my skincare out before and like just a bunch of stuff my goal this time was to not have as much so it looks cleaner all the time so I just have this little tray and this is really just like my daily skincare stuff my morning nighttime serums and all that kind of stuff so I try to have that be the only thing I leave out and then I do have some like war organizers in here for my lip stop and lotions and my fuller water and toothpaste toothbrushes just all that kind of stuff don't mind my shoes I'm wearing my comfy shoes more skin care stuff because I'm a bit of a skincare junkie and look even more skin care stuff alright so then over here and oh so one of the things I want to add I'll kind of mention that I want to add a hand towel bar here and here so that obviously we can hang hand towels and then over here y'all this was the hardest but ok because I had a unit in here to store a bunch of stuff because I just have so much like hair tools and nail polish and just all kinds of stuff so I don't think this piece of furniture is going to be permanently in here but it works for right now we got this little table and the intent was for it to go next to the tub but it doesn't fit well there so let's go go here for now with a little plant and then just over here I've got some of my market totes from Uganda and then this is what I'm talking about with like still needing to decorate stuff this my intention is to do like roll towels cute hand towels washcloths just really like make this top part look really pretty I mean let's get real what I mean I don't even know I think I have like period stuff in there my god there's like enemas and that one didn't know what you were gonna get when you came to this channel did you okay and then inside here I have just more like I said my steam rollers my sticky feet for spray tans like it's just you know self-tanner this little lazy susan thing is actually super nice to me extra hair stuff that is all like samples I've got my I have to Claire Sonic so that's the one I haven't used yet I don't know I got wax I've got a whole wax machine I just have a lot of just randomness stuff so and that is trimmed down y'all that seriously trimmed down that's maybe sad I don't know oh look someone didn't put the toilet paper on the toilet paper holder I wonder who it could be Christopher squatty potty that's a must if you haven't gotten one of those you need to get on that train I love that thing so much again who knew this bathroom renovation was going to be so TMI this is our new toilet y'all and it would be weird I think to be free to talk about toilets except for that this thing is bomb and I feel like I should tell you about it and you deserve to know about it don't mind my garbage sorry I didn't empty the garbage this toilet has this little thing right here that you put cleaner in there's cleaner inside this so it's a self-cleaning toilet y'all self cleaning I mean it's pretty snazzy of course you're still going to want to actually clean your toilet but it definitely keeps it so that it doesn't get like icky really fast we have really hard water so our toilets tend to get nasty on the inside really quickly okay guys this is probably the part that I'm the most excited about I am really hoping that I managed to get some before footage I think I did to show you guys what this bathroom looked like before and what this shower looked like there was like all this space that was wasted in the back so he was able to extend our shower back and out and over so we got a much bigger shower we did the frameless glass I just I loved it so much we did the one long inset so I can keep all my stuff up there obviously those two are almost empty and those are my new ones so I need to throw those away and move those up but we'll get there you've got this little squeegee and you just clean the glass every time you finish your shower and it keeps it looking nice and you don't have to like clean it with glass cleaner as often which is super nice but yeah I just I cannot even begin to tell you how much Christopher and I absolutely love this it shower it has been so nice the kids all are like can we come shower in your bathroom they love it and then I can't decide which is the piece de resistance if you will if it's the shower or the tub I don't know but y'all here let me do the lights just so you can get a little there you got all we did a big chandelier over the tub because I just wanted to be extra like that so we did a big chandelier over the tub we've got this standalone tub and it is just beautiful it has the pop that not popular what am i boiling myself like a turkey no it's the tub filler here with this like extra handle so you can spray yourself it's very what are the cool kids say bougie it's very bougie I love this thing you can put your tea your book whatever you got going on while you're relaxing in the tub and then I just have this little metal I don't know what's that thing called yeah I can't think of the word like a tin I don't know this bucket thing then I keep the babies back stuff in so that I can just grab it when it's time to give them a bath right so I cannot even just begin to tell you how much we love this bathroom it is just beautiful and we are so happy with it and we both just like love getting dressed in here and showering it's just it's nice like I said we got a lot of kids it's nice to have a little oasis guys thank you so much for watching I hope you guys enjoyed seeing our bathroom remodel like I said it took a little longer than we planned but it didn't cost us nearly as much as we originally thought it would so it was totally worth it to us we absolutely loved it like I said as parents of seven kids we are very grateful for a nice space that sort of feels like an oasis that we can just kind of take a hot shower take a hot bath and chill all right you guys thank you so much for watching be sure to give this video a thumbs up if you enjoyed it subscribe to my channel if you've not already and I will see you all again very soon
Post a Comment